home Image Map

Friday, October 25, 2013

I'll have a mocha iced latte, with a side of happiness.

I have been having this inward struggle for happiness in my life lately, anybody know what I am talking about? Yup, I see those hands in the air - waving like they just don't care. I have been trying really, really hard to be happy through the sadness, anger and all those other icky emotions I am having on the inside. I don't want to be a grumpy, annoying person who always talks about how awful they feel and wah-wah. I don't want to be a Pity Party Polly, no thank you. I just want to be happy, and not the fake happy that you have to be when you see your old high school class mates and you have to pretend like you care. (I personally try to dodge said people, but sometimes eye contact happens and you can't avoid it, ah!) I want to be genuinely happy. 

So, today, on this Friday, I choose to be happy.

I am choosing to wake up this morning and say "hey self" - yeah, that's how I talk - "you are going to go about your day with a smile on your face and you are going to appreciate your life". I am so sick of moping through days pretending like I am happy when I really just want to watch Kardashian re-runs and eat coffee ice cream. But that's not being a productive member of society like they taught me about in middle school. . I am not going to let stupid over thinking ways, frustrating situations and careless comments affect my day. Essentially, I not going to let being a girl get in the way of my happiness! I am going to get up and conquer this day; with a little bit of espresso


Shine bright like a diamond, wildcats. 
Keep your head in the game.
Yes, I'm Troy Bolton.

I wore yoga pants

No comments:

Post a Comment