home Image Map

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My brain revolts against productivity.

I have been in a motivational slump lately. I don't want to do anything but lay around in my bed, make ice cream sundaes and watch House all day long. Who needs to get an education and work for a living? Pft, not this brown haired girl, that's got stinkin' sure! (Sidenote: yes, I am a brunette now, who'da thought, right?!) 

I digress - I just haven't been feeling like doing anything, and trying to motivate myself is the hardest thing in the world. It usually doesn't end well, and me rewarding myself usually ends up with me eating every time I read a page in my historical literature book - yeah, that's a total yawn, I know. I mean, I want to do stuff, but I don't feeeeel like it. And you can't make me!

My brain decided to wander, and think about all the other things I could be doing, instead of doing actual productive things. I call this...



I should clean out my dresser drawer full of crap, but I am going to watch an ANTM marathon instead.
I should start writing the church's Christmas play, but I am going to drive 20 minutes to go to Starbucks.
I should do my 1000 page reading in my literature book, but I am going to listen to Bangerz instead.
I should really figure out what my Italian professor is saying, but I am going to refresh my Twitter feed.
I should start my Christmas shopping, but I am going to look up Christmas cookie recipes instead. 
I should wake up early and get ready for work, but I am going to throw a baseball cap on my wet hair.
I should go out and do my errands, but I am going to pin everything on Pinterest.
I should start writing that paper that's due next week, but I'm going to spend all my money at Target.
I should really do something productive, but I am thinking of what to blog tomorrow.

Well, I hope I inspired you to do something productive, or maybe I just inspired you to take the day off from life and drive around and find yourself a frappe while listening to Miley on your way to Target. Who really knows. All I know is that I really, really, really need to go do something productive. 

Aw, rats. This post is over.
Here I go, off to do something that would make me a well-rounded citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment