home Image Map

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It's not even Thanksgiving yet.

We are a week shy from Thanksgiving and I have already made my list and checked it twice - and probably three or four more times after that, just to be sure I wasn't forgetting anyone. Yes, my friends, I am venturing out in the world of overly decorated stores that want me to drop major bank on gifts for people that I love. Gosh, I have to keep reminding myself of that; "You love these people, Marissa, don't cry as you hand the cashier your money, you will make your friends and family happy." Today is my day that I can set aside a substantial amount of time and go out into the malls for all the Christmas gifts I need to buy. Ouh.


I know that I am not going to have time to buy my gifts at any other point in the future because I have the last few weeks of the semester of school, then exam week and in between all that I will be working crazy, mandatory holiday hours at work, and after hell shifts like that, I won't want to be doing anything after work other than taking a bubble bath and knocking out. So, I gotta do it all at once. Kill all the birds with one stone, so to speak.

It's taken me a long time to figure out what exactly to get people. I love giving gifts, and I am usually really good at picking out an awesome gift for people, it's just this year I was getting really, really stumped. Then, insert Pinterest. I have been pinning things to my holiday board and smiling at my screen knowing that I am going to put together some pretty crafty gifts. Now, I can't share with you what they are because I have sneaky sneaky friends who read my blog (hello there, my minions). But, now that I have direction and I am so excited to go out and execute these gifts. Bang-boom! 

Here's to Christmas shopping. Bah-humbug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment